Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things
There are things I use on a daily basis that are my favorite things and I want to share them with you and maybe they can become part of your favorite things.
1. Trader Joe’s Honey Mango Shave Cream. This stuff is inexpensive, lasts a long time and smells so good! It doesn’t dry out your skin like the other shave creams tend to do. If you have a Trader Joe’s close by, you need to try this out!
2. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I use these things everywhere. I have gotten scuffs and smudges off our walls, our washer and dryer. Crayon marks off the floor, walls, toys. And our cars had some paint dings on the doors and it even got those off! I love these! If they ever discontinue them I don’t know what I will do.
3. The Shark Mop. You’ve all seen the infomercial for this thing. It only uses water, removes dirt and grime. Well, I was a skeptic just like y’all, but my friend Katie had one and used it while I was at her house and I was sold. Plus, we have more hardwood surfaces and when Susannah started crawling around everywhere I didn’t like knowing that she was probably picking up all the cleaning chemicals on her hands. This thing only requires water and you can wash the cleaning pads in the washing machine. They are sold at Bed, Bath and Beyond and if you use one of those 20% off coupons, you can get an even better deal.
4. Continuing with cleaning products, my most recent discovery has been the Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel. I received a free sample of these in the mail and not only did I like them, but Jed did as well. They provide a pleasant odor to the bathroom and keep the toilet clean in between deep cleanings. Look for a coupon and try them out!
5. Several months ago, I decided it was time to give up cokes unless: 1. I was eating Mexican. 2. We were at Sonic for happy hour. 3. Jed got a fountain drink for a movie night. So I needed to find a replacement. I’ve replaced my Dt. Coke with Canada Dry Green Tea Ginger Ale. It’s refreshing, has a zing and it says it has antioxidants, therefore, it is healthy!
6. My friend, Dani got me this lotion as a treat before Susannah was born. Ulta Lavender Fields Body Cream. I became a big fan. And having a son with extreme skin sensitivities, our pediatrician said cream lotions are better than regular lotions because they contain less alcohol so I feel like I’m doing my skin a great favor by using this cream.
7. Rainbow Sandals. I bought a pair in 2004 and I wear them all the time, year round. They are in serious need of replacement, but they are so worn in I don’t know if I can replace them. The kids know that when we are about to leave the house they go find “Mommy’s flip flops” so that I’m ready to go.
8. After Susannah was born I started doing Jillian Michael’s workouts. My favorite of them all is the 30 day shred. She drives Jed crazy, but I appreciate the results she brings me. The workouts end up being about 20 minutes, but you are doing circuit training, so that helps it to not seem as painful. You work at your own pace through the 3 different workouts and the last one is a killer! But they are so good, especially if you don’t have a gym or don’t want to spend an hour or more working out.
And this post wouldn’t be complete without a pic of my favorite munchkins